time calculations

  1. #1
    lschuh
    Guest

    time calculations

    I want to use a calculation that shows time spent at clinic + 30 minutes
    added for travel time. Once I get the total time (which I already have in
    the worksheet) I want the total minutes if > :01 to round up to "30" and
    include the hours. If the minutes are >30 then I want to round up to the
    next hour. EG: Employee spends 3:12 minutes at clinic. I want to pay the
    guy for 3:30 minutes. If the guy spends 3:31 minutes at the clinic then I
    want to pay him 4 hours. I can't figure out how to do this with the If, and
    statement to change the time function to a number or do I even need to do
    that? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: time calculations

    =ROUNDUP(A1*48,0)/48

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    lschuh
    Guest

    Re: time calculations

    I put in this formula whereas cell a1 having the 3:12 minutes in it and it
    did round up to 3:30 which is great. How would I do this if the minutes
    spent at the clinic were >=30? Then I would need to make 3:30 to 4 hours.

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: time calculations

    =ROUNDUP(A14*48+0.0000000000001,0)/48

  5. #5
    lschuh
    Guest

    Re: time calculations

    It works fine except if the employee is only at the clinic for 30 minutes.
    He gets 30 minutes travel time. Which would give him 1 hour. The second
    formula is giving me 30 additional minutes if the employee only spends 30
    minutes at the clinic. It shows I should pay 1 hour 30 minutes when I would
    only pay 1 hour.
    My spreadsheet is set up with
    starting time
    ending time (the difference between the 2)
    the round up, the 2nd roundup
    the 30 minutes travel time is something I added in another cell.
    I then added the 2 cells together to get actual time + travel time.
    Is the formula you wrote already adding the 30 minutes travel time? I don't
    know what the second formula you put in with all the zeros is doing, but it
    works.

  6. #6
    lschuh
    Guest

    Re: time calculations

    I took out the additonal cell with the travel time and just used the 2
    formulas you provided and when testing it appears to work ok. I appreciate
    your response. If I find something is askew I will write back otherwise
    thank you alot.