Find the earliest date in a range of dates?

  1. #1
    Rachel Williams
    Guest

    Find the earliest date in a range of dates?

    I am trying to use a function that will find the earliest date in a wide
    range of dates. I have tried using =MIN(A1:A455) but it returns 0-Jan-00.
    There are no spaces in the range.

  2. #2

    Re: Find the earliest date in a range of dates?

    I bet you have a 0 in that range.

    It could be hidden by formatting (or conditional formatting), but it's there.

    If you select A1:A455 and edit|find
    search for 0
    (Match entire cell contents)
    you may find it
    (or search for 0-jan-00 if it may be formatted as a date)

    If it turns out you have to leave the 0's in your data, you can use a different
    formula to ignore them:

    =MIN(IF(a1:a455>0,a1:a455))

    them yourself.)

    Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

    ====
    But I'd do my best to clean the data.

  3. #3

    Re: Find the earliest date in a range of dates?

    Ps. That 0 could be on a hidden row, too???