Pivot Table - Custom Row Field

  1. #1
    John Jost
    Guest

    Pivot Table - Custom Row Field

    I have an existing pivot table that summarizes sales. In the data section of
    the pivot table, I count number of client programs, the number of people, and
    the sum of special requests. In the Row section, I have three fields.
    They are Department, Supervisor, and Program Number. This breaks down the
    sales very well. However (there is always a however) the users would like
    me to add the client name to the program number. I can do this but do not
    like the look. Can I concatenate the program number and client name fields
    into a single row element? I thought about a calculated field, but it does
    not appear to be able to be used in a row.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table - Custom Row Field

    You could concatenate the program number and client name in the source
    data, and add that field to the pivot table row area.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List