How to install Excel Add-Ins without a CD?

  1. #1
    jmc
    Guest

    How to install Excel Add-Ins without a CD?

    I can not find my CD's for Windows XP Professional and I can not install the
    Excel Add-Ins. I am unable to find a download on the Microsoft site.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: How to install Excel Add-Ins without a CD?

    jmc,

    Did you try... Start | Control Panel | Add or Remove Program | Microsoft Office... | Change (button)
    Add or Remove features | Microsoft Excel for Windows | Add-ins ???

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:[email protected]

  3. #3
    jmc
    Guest

    Re: How to install Excel Add-Ins without a CD?

    Jim,

    Thank you for the information. I tried that and I received the same
    messages as before. Here are those message:

    “The path ‘Microsoft Office XP Professional’ cannot be found. Verify that
    you have access to this location and try again. Or try to find the
    installation package ‘PRORET.MSI’ in a folder from which you can install the
    product Microsoft Office XP Professional.”

    And

    “Error 1706. Setup cannot find the required files. Check your connection to
    the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem,
    see C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033\SETUO.HLP.”

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: How to install Excel Add-Ins without a CD?

    jmc,

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-us
    How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware

    You can get some of the older Excel add-ins here...
    http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

    Regards,
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA