Auto Update of a field referencing to a field in another workbook

  1. #1
    Camper Joe
    Guest

    Auto Update of a field referencing to a field in another workbook

    Hi

    I have a customer who claims that he has a file that references a field in
    another file. (Excel Document)

    He says that when he updated data in the one, the other one immediately
    updated
    by itself. Is this possible?

    I can only get it to update once I hit "Save"

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Auto Update of a field referencing to a field in another workbook

    If both workbooks are open in the same instance of excel (and calculation is set
    for automatic), then those formulas will update right away.

    I'm guessing that you actually had two instances of excel open and each workbook
    was in one of those separate instances.