listing unique entries from the entire worksheet

  1. #1
    markx
    Guest

    listing unique entries from the entire worksheet

    Hello guys,

    I wonder if it's possible to list (in one column, on a newly created sheet)
    all the unique entries from the entire worksheet (or at least from a range
    that is larger than one column), f. ex. A2:G50... Thanks for any hints!

    VBA welcome...

    Cheers,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: listing unique entries from the entire worksheet

    Hi

    Create a pivot table, where all values in column are counted (without any
    summary rows).

    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Damon Longworth
    Guest

    Re: listing unique entries from the entire worksheet

    Try Data - Advanced Filter - Unique items only.

    --
    Damon Longworth

    2006 East Coast Excel User Conference
    April 19/21st, 2006
    Holiday Inn, Boardwalk
    Atlantic City, New Jersey
    Early Bird Registration Now Open!!
    www.ExcelUserConference.com

    2006 UK Excel User Conference
    Summer, 2006
    London, England

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: listing unique entries from the entire worksheet

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:02:24 +0100, "markx" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hello guys,
    >
    >I wonder if it's possible to list (in one column, on a newly created sheet)
    >all the unique entries from the entire worksheet (or at least from a range
    >that is larger than one column), f. ex. A2:G50... Thanks for any hints!
    >
    >VBA welcome...
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Mark

    You could use the UNIQUEVALUES function from Longre's free morefunc.xll add-in
    available from: http://xcell05.free.fr

    It will return a single column array of the UNIQUEVALUES in a multi-column,
    multi-row range.

    --ron