formula to get values from pivot table

  1. #1
    Minerva
    Guest

    formula to get values from pivot table

    I have 2 sheets of data with 3 common columns [A,B,C] (based on which 2
    pivots were created) which had lots of redundant values in each column for
    each sheet.
    The 1st pivot has sum of values of column D for items under columns A/B/C
    i.e..........A->B->C->(sum of D)
    The 2nd pivot has A->B->C->Candidate Name->(Joining date as calculated field)

    The solution needed is-
    Only for items in pivot2 matching A 'and' B 'and' C of pivot1, retrieve
    Candidate Name........(which can be multiple for a given A and B and C of
    pivot1)

    Creating 2 pivots seemed to be a temporary solution for the problem,
    however, I need this is one report/table in this format:-
    For A-and-B-and-C [in pivot1], get Candidate name(s) [matching A-and-B-and-C
    in pivot1 from pivot2]
    Is there any pivottable function that I can use?
    I hope I have kept the problem description suffice and clear, considering
    that I am a starter for pivottables.
    Thank you for the help.

  2. #2
    Philip J Smith
    Guest

    RE: formula to get values from pivot table

    Look in Function help at =GETPIVOTDATA.

    Regards
    Phil Smith