display last cell in a column as the sheet is updated

  1. #1
    Marc
    Guest

    display last cell in a column as the sheet is updated

    I am trying to have the last value entered in a column to display at the
    bottom of the column. Each column is updated daily and I want it to always
    take the last value in the column.

    Thank You

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: display last cell in a column as the sheet is updated

    Marc,

    For example, in cell D101, enter:

    =INDEX(D1:D100,COUNTA(D1:D100))

    This assumes that there are no intermediate blanks in range D1:D100 - i.e., cell D59 is blank but
    cells D60, D61, and on are filled. If that is the case (intermediate blanks are there) then this
    array formula, entered with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, will do it:

    =INDEX(D1:D100,MAX((D1:D100<>"")*ROW(D1:D100)))

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...