view page breaks

  1. #1
    Phippsy
    Guest

    view page breaks

    The dotted line showing where Excel has put in page breaks do not normally
    show and the default for a new sheet under Tools and Options is for them not
    to show.

    Question 1
    Sometimes the page breaks are turned on automatically and there does not
    seem to be a reason for this.

    Question 2
    I had originally thought that there was no way to see where a print area has
    been set unless you go into Page Break preview but when I came to do it just
    now both in XP and 2003, I find I can see it in Normal view and also see that
    Show Page Breaks has been automatically selected in Tools and Options. Why
    have I never seen this before?!

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: view page breaks

    #1. I've only seen them when I turn them on (tools|options|view tab) or ran a
    macro that turned them on. Or run File|print preview (or print). Any of those
    things will show those dotted lines.

    #2. I don't know why you never saw it before, but try staying in normal view
    and changing the zoom level to 40% or smaller. (another way to see the page
    layout)

  3. #3
    Phippsy
    Guest

    Re: view page breaks

    Thanks for this but still not sure if I understand why I have never seen them
    before and now I can.

  4. #4

    Re: view page breaks

    Have you been to LensCrafters lately <vbg>.

    They've been there as long as I can recall.

  5. #5
    Phippsy
    Guest

    Re: view page breaks