how do i link to a pivot table to get data dynamically

  1. #1
    Michael001
    Guest

    how do i link to a pivot table to get data dynamically

    I need to link a sheet to a pivot table in the same workbook to get the data
    value from the pivot table. This also has to be updated dynamically as the
    pivot table changes. Can this be done and how.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: how do i link to a pivot table to get data dynamically

    You can use the GETPIVOTDATA function to extract data from the pivot
    table. There's information in Excel's Help, and here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Michael001
    Guest

    Re: how do i link to a pivot table to get data dynamically

    Hi Debra
    Thank you very much for your response, I will give this a go and hopefully
    resolve my problem.
    Regards
    Michael