Can you change the function of the fill handle on a cell in Excel

  1. #1
    AndreaRaRa
    Guest

    Can you change the function of the fill handle on a cell in Excel

    I have a problem when dragging formulas across. Every cell is holding the
    figure from that of the one i am dragging from but when you look at the cell
    it says it is adding up the correct cells. When you double click on that
    cell then it amends the figure to be correct.

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Can you change the function of the fill handle on a cell in Excel

    Check to see that your calc mode is set to auto:

    <Tools> <Options> <Calculation> tab,
    And make sure "Automatic" *is checked*.
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Can you change the function of the fill handle on a cell in Excel

    Have you perhaps turned off auto-calculation? (Tools / Options, on the
    Calculation tab). You could either set this to Automatic or, when you need
    calcs updated, hit function key F9.

  5. #5
    bpeltzer