vlookup with two criteria

  1. #1

    vlookup with two criteria

    I've read a few threads trying to find my answer but they were too abstract for me to understand.

    Lets say on one spreadsheet I have my actual sales:

    Customer Part Sales
    Cisco A $W
    Nortel A $X
    Cisco B $Y
    Nortel B $Z

    I have a second spread sheet with my forecasted sales

    Customer Part Sales
    Cisco A $??

    What I want to do is have a vlookup of the actual sales figure of Part A. The problem is, I have two criteria. It not only has to be the sales for Part A, it has to be only Cisco sales for part A when multiple customers are buying this same part.

    So, how do I do a two criteria Vlookup?

    -John

  2. #2
    Eddy Stan
    Guest

    RE: vlookup with two criteria

    Hi
    There may be better solutions, but i always do this..
    Insert a column before forecast sales, and put customer & partno by =a2&b2,
    copy down to end.
    actual sales sheet, if your forecast sales is next to sales in d column

    put at d2, =VLOOKUP(A2&B2,Sheet2!C$1:D$5,2,FALSE)

    you will get $??

  3. #3
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: vlookup with two criteria

    Assuming that A2:C5 contains your data, try the following formula which
    needs to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER...

    =INDEX(C2:C5,MATCH(1,(A2:A5=E2)*(B2:B5=F2),0))

    ....where E2 contains the customer of interest, and F2 contains the part
    of interest.

    Hope this helps!

    In article
    <[email protected]>,