How can I make the rows go into a random order?

  1. #1
    chicken99
    Guest

    How can I make the rows go into a random order?

    I am doing some statistical work, and I am trying to use a systematic sample,
    but the rows of data need to be random. How can I make excel do this?

  2. #2
    Ivo
    Guest

    RE: How can I make the rows go into a random order?

    try rand()

  3. #3
    Ivo
    Guest

    RE: How can I make the rows go into a random order?

    rand()

  4. #4
    Engineering Accountant
    Guest

    RE: How can I make the rows go into a random order?

    Add a Column in you data set with the function =Rand().

    Then you can sort by that column.

  5. #5
    David J. Braden
    Guest

    Re: How can I make the rows go into a random order?

    PopTools is an excellent, free add-in that will do just what you want
    straight off the shelf. Its prng is superb as well, which may interest
    you if you are doing real stat work. See
    http://www.cse.csiro.au/poptools/

    HTH
    Dave Braden

    --
    Please keep response(s) solely within this thread.

  6. #6
    Janice Blanks

  7. #7
    Janice Blanks