format a drop-down box from a range of cell from another work...

  1. #1
    Jay Trull
    Guest

    format a drop-down box from a range of cell from another work...

    I have created a drop down list from a range of cells that are in a sheet in
    a different workbook. When I click on the list, the format of the dates or
    time is incorect on the drop down list. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    If the sheet is in the same workbook the format is fine.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: format a drop-down box from a range of cell from another work...

    Hi Jay

    Maybe you need to format the cells with the Data Validation, the same as
    the cells in you source list.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jay Trull
    Guest

    Re: format a drop-down box from a range of cell from another work

    Thanks Roger,

    I have formatted the cells in the sheet that contains the source list, and
    I formatted the cell in the sheet that the drop down list is displayed. It
    is just that the text in the dropdown list is not formatted right when the
    sheet is in another workbook rather than in the same. If I am using "time"
    it displays it in the drop down list as a decimal number instead of (7:00
    AM). It is the right value becouse if I click it, it puts time in the cell.
    I have looked to see if their is a way to format the drop down list itself
    but can't find it?? For now I will just keep the source list sheet in the
    same workbook but I would sure like to know how to fix it if it comes from
    another workbook. Thanks