Fill down produces correct formula but wrong answer

  1. #1
    Jim at SDSU
    Guest

    Fill down produces correct formula but wrong answer

    I am entering a formula to divide "B2" by 100 as +b2/100. In the particular
    spreadsheet the correct answer is 2.77. When I "Fill->Down" The correct
    formula is put into each cell e.g "=b3/100" and =b4/100" but the spread sheet
    displaies 2.77 in each of those cells. Any ideas??

  2. #2
    SVC
    Guest

    RE: Fill down produces correct formula but wrong answer

    Tools > Options, on the Calculation tab select "Automatic".

  3. #3
    Jim at SDSU

    "SVC" wrote:

    > Tools > Options, on the Calculation tab select "Automatic".

    Perfect. Normally that is the default. I didn't even think about that!

    THANKS!!