Please help - Permutations of words

  1. #1
    JE
    Guest

    Please help - Permutations of words

    Question:
    I have 6 words and I'd like to see all of the possible combinations in which
    they can occur for example - it - and - the - but - blue - yet. I've been
    through the posts and Myrna Larson's download doesn't work for me - I keep
    getting error messages with the values - is there a regular function in Excel
    that will show me the combinations? If not - how can I do this? eg. I want to
    see the permutations like the ones below etc... Thank you
    the and
    and the
    but yet
    yet but

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Please help - Permutations of words

    Hi!

    I just ran Myrna's procedure on your data and it produced:

    Permutations: 6/2 = 30
    Combinations: 6/2 = 15

    You must be doing something wrong.

    Want to see the file?

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE
    Guest

    Re: Please help - Permutations of words

    Hi Biff:

    Thank you - I have a feeling that the security on my computer was causing
    the error even after I lowered it. I would greatly appreciate it if you could
    give me that file.

    Thank you.
    Judy

  4. #4
    JE
    Guest

    Re: Please help - Permutations of words

    Bif as a note I am unable to run the macro because of a publisher issue with
    the macro - and even when i lower my security it says that it can't run the
    macro because of a script break

  5. #5
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Please help - Permutations of words

    Well, if you can't run the macro due to security issues then the macro is
    useless to you.

    Tell me what you want and I'll run it for you (as long as it's reasonable
    and doesn't take hours to complete). Then I'll post the file with the data.
    But then, what's the security policy for downloading files?