Copy/Paste Rows that Contain Specific Text

  1. #1
    Mike Woodard
    Guest

    Copy/Paste Rows that Contain Specific Text

    Hi,

    I'm trying to write a macro that will bring up a text box to ask the user
    what he/she is looking for (always text). The macro then looks through a
    monster sheet of 7000 rows and copies every row that contains the text
    string in column G, then deposits the rows at the bottom of the sheet. The
    text string being searched for is a short piece within a longer string (ie.
    'review' within 'project review').

    I've used autofilters in the past but it takes forever to go through the
    filters method for the 50 or so text strings I have to look up. Each time I
    got a match I had to copy the filtered rows, scroll to the bottom of the
    sheet, then paste. Repeat, repeat, repeat...

    I had success with bits and pieces of my macro but I can't seem to get them
    to all work together at the same time. I know that a savvy individual can
    write this with only a short piece of code - not me (yet hopefully).

    Thanks!
    Mike

  2. #2
    Mike Woodard
    Guest

    Re: Copy/Paste Rows that Contain Specific Text

    Cancel this request. I reposted it to the correct (programming) group.
    Thanks!

    news:[email protected]...