Lookup items and have picture appear together.

  1. #1
    WL
    Guest

    Lookup items and have picture appear together.

    Hi there,

    I have a database of items, and each items have a picture attached to
    it.
    On the interface itself, i will use the lookup function to pick out
    some items from the database, but i want to picture to come with the
    lookup results. how can i do it?

    I had tried putting pictures into the comment box of each item, but
    when i lookup these items, the comment box do not come together, so i
    do not know what else i can do.

    Please advice. Thank you.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Lookup items and have picture appear together.

    See

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

  3. #3
    WL
    Guest

    Re: Lookup items and have picture appear together.

    I've been to the site as recommended, but how do i link the picture
    name, ie picture 1, to the picture on sheet 1?

    The result given was simply the text Picture 1

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Lookup items and have picture appear together.

    Use whatever the picture's named. You can see the picture name by
    selecting it and looking in the Name box at the left side of the Formula
    Bar.

  5. #5
    WL
    Guest

    Re: Lookup items and have picture appear together.

    I did that, but the result is still the text. i.e. Picture 2.

    Do i have to do anything to the PicTable on Sheet 2 (picture name) or
    simply type in the Picture name.

    Please advice. Thank you

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Lookup items and have picture appear together.

    using the Picture's name should be sufficient. Is the Event macro firing?

  7. #7
    WL
    Guest

    Re: Lookup items and have picture appear together.

    I got it right finally.
    But i got another query. Is there a way to make the picture appear
    twice or more in the same worksheet?