how do i automatically replace formula with results

  1. #1
    Eric
    Guest

    how do i automatically replace formula with results

    I have a formula in a worksheet that pulls data from other sources on the
    server to calculate and output the results in a table in the worksheet. The
    data sources are updated weekly and once that happens, the worksheet
    recalculates and overwrites the previous worksheet results. I want to
    automatically transfer the previous results into another table as VALUES (not
    formulas) so that my previous data is not over written when the data sources
    are updated so i can do a week on week comparison. How can I do this transfer
    my previous data automaitally as values into another table without manually
    "copying" and pasting "as values" every week?
    Can anyone help me out here?

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: how do i automatically replace formula with results

    Two options:

    1) Record the steps you follow to copy & paste values as a macro, then call
    that macro each week when you want to 'finalize' the calculations

    2) Export the results each week to Access or MSDE, which would allow you to
    store weeks & weeks of data and do comparisons between various periods (Yup,
    this is manual, unless you want to do a little VBA programming)