When merging phone numbers do not keep formatting why?

  1. #1
    Excel formatting troubles
    Guest

    When merging phone numbers do not keep formatting why?

    When I am merging data from an excel sheet the phone numbers are from format/
    cells/ special /phone numbers but after I merge the data it come out with no
    formating all the number are together.

  2. #2

    Re: When merging phone numbers do not keep formatting why?

    Do you mean mailmerge with MSWord?

    Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question about formatting
    dates/decimals.

    There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

    Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

    And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
    has instructions here:

    http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

    about half way down the page.