HOW DO I ENTER THIS FORMULA TO CONVERT TEXT TO DATE =DATEVALUE(,

  1. #1
    Carter
    Guest

    HOW DO I ENTER THIS FORMULA TO CONVERT TEXT TO DATE =DATEVALUE(,

    I am having a problem converting dates stored as text to dates. I keyed in
    =DATEVALUE(,A131,). However it keeps giving me an error message. Please help!

    Thank You,

    Carter

  2. #2
    Tim Whitley
    Guest

    RE: HOW DO I ENTER THIS FORMULA TO CONVERT TEXT TO DATE =DATEVALUE(,

    You should exclude the commas =DATEVALUE(A131)

    Also, make sure you format the cell with the formula in it to the date
    format that you require.

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: HOW DO I ENTER THIS FORMULA TO CONVERT TEXT TO DATE =DATEVALUE(,

    Hi!

    A1 = text string = 1/1/2006

    Formula to convert to a true Excel DATE:

    =--A1

    Format cell as DATE

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Carter
    Guest

    RE: HOW DO I ENTER THIS FORMULA TO CONVERT TEXT TO DATE =DATEVALUE

    Tim,

    Just to clarify to you what I did... I formatted the cell with the formula
    in it to the date that I wanted ie.12/30/2005. I then moved to a blank cell
    and keyed =DATEVALUE(A131). However, it still gave me an error message. I
    am trying to covert text to dates and I have a several spreadsheets that I
    need to do this for.

    Anymore suggestions?

    Carter

  5. #5
    Carter
    Guest

    Re: HOW DO I ENTER THIS FORMULA TO CONVERT TEXT TO DATE =DATEVALUE

    I'm not sure if I understand... I tried that but it gave me an error message.
    I wanted to covert text to dates.

    carter