Instructions to convert columns to rows Excel help are not correct

  1. #1
    Excel 2003 Columns to rows
    Guest

    Instructions to convert columns to rows Excel help are not correct

    I followed the Excel 2003 help instructions to convert columns to rows but
    the instructions do not give me the window with paste special instructions
    that the help memu specifies. What are the instructions or how do I get them.

    Ken Rush

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Instructions to convert columns to rows Excel help are not correct

    Select the cells in the column you wish to transpose, then Right-click and
    choose COPY, then Left-click on the cell that you wish to transpose TO
    (actually the leftmost cell of that range), then Right-click on that same
    cell and choose PasteSpecial and on the next menu choose TRANSPOSE and OK....

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Instructions to convert columns to rows Excel help are not correct

    The range that you wish to paste to cannot overlap the range you are copying
    from.

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Instructions to convert columns to rows Excel help are not cor

    Good point Trevor, thanks for pointing it out.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3