two workbooks with extension .xls1 and .xls2

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Mar
    Guest

    two workbooks with extension .xls1 and .xls2

    I clicked on something and now my original (one) workbook has opened as two
    workbooks with the above listed extensions. If I do something in one, it
    will appear in the other. If I close out and re- open the workbook from it's
    original state, they still appear. I clicked too fast or hit something and
    now I can't get it back to original form. Can you help?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: two workbooks with extension .xls1 and .xls2

    Hi

    You've opened a New Window (from the Window dropdown). Just close one of
    your windows and save your workbook.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mar
    Guest

    Re: two workbooks with extension .xls1 and .xls2

    I tried that but it wouldn't let me close one window without the other. I'll
    try it again though. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Mar
    Guest

    Re: two workbooks with extension .xls1 and .xls2

    any other ideas! What did I click on to create this, do you know?

  5. #5
    Guest

    Re: two workbooks with extension .xls1 and .xls2

    Yes - Window/New Window - as I put in my my email!

  6. #6
    Mar
    Guest

    Re: two workbooks with extension .xls1 and .xls2

    When I first closed the window, it closed both books and when I reopened it,
    it appeared as two windows again. THEN :-), I right clicked on the bottom
    taskbar on one of the books and closed it that way, then I still had one
    workbook open and saved that. ALL IS WELL! Thank you! I don't ever really
    use two books, side by side like this so that's whyy it threw me! Thank you
    again for your help! :-)

  7. #7
    Guest

    Re: two workbooks with extension .xls1 and .xls2

    Thanks for the feedback - and I'm glad you're sorted!!

  8. #8

    Re: two workbooks with extension .xls1 and .xls2

    If it happens again, you may find this easier.

    Select the window you don't want.
    hit ctrl-w (to close it)
    save your workbook in that state.