change the negative sign to brackets but no choice is available

  1. #1
    the old guy
    Guest

    change the negative sign to brackets but no choice is available

    I have 2003 edition of office and using Excel. I want to fomat the cells as
    ($1.00) but I only have the option of -$1.00 how do I add a format to
    currency to read this way?

  2. #2
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: change the negative sign to brackets but no choice is available

    Old Guy,

    Format / Cells / Currency

    There should be a list that has differnt formats for neg. numbers, including
    your ($1.00).

    Otherwise, Custom format using:

    Beege

    news:[email protected]...