How do I link lots of data in multiple worksheets

  1. #1
    ALSEGUY
    Guest

    How do I link lots of data in multiple worksheets

    Im working with a supply program (Excel 2002) that starts with a 'Master
    List' then distributes the information from selected sections to individual
    worksheets. I unserstand how to link information from a particular cell to
    different worksheets, but I am dealing with a lot of data and going through
    each individual item will take some time. I am basically looking for a
    shortcut. For example: on Master List, I have 16 items that all belong to a
    box. The Box has its own worksheet. This gives me all the info I need for
    printing user lists with parts locations, price etc. I have almos 400 lines
    of data to link to another worksheet in the same workbook. Is there a way to
    link the entire liine (all the cells for that particualr part) to an
    individual worksheet without having to link each individual cell.

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How do I link lots of data in multiple worksheets

    Select the cells you want linked and copy them. Move to the sheet where you
    want the links to exist and select the appropriate staring cell. Now use
    Edit->Paste Special->Paste link

  3. #3
    ALSEGUY
    Guest

    RE: How do I link lots of data in multiple worksheets

    I understand the "cut and paste", what I want to do is have the information
    on the main page automatically update the other worksheets. I understand the
    formula for sharing of info using the 'Sheet1'!B3 cell reference, but what I
    want to do is find a shortcut to do the whole thing without having to go
    through each individual cell. I have well over 300 lines at 16 plus cells
    each.