Vlookups in a Pivot table brining back OFFSET Data

  1. #1
    tlk40us
    Guest

    Vlookups in a Pivot table brining back OFFSET Data

    I have a single page summary report that obtains specific information from a
    pivot table. I would like to bring back company leaders within designated
    groups found by a lookup table. The company and branch leaders are always
    dynamic. Since the company leader data is is always OFFSET over a column and
    down a line, how can I build a lookup that finds a region, "Specific Name"
    then select the company leader by the OFFSET?

    This formula does not work, however it was the direction I was working on.
    =VLOOKUP(A2,group,OFFSET(A6,1,1),FALSE) The OFFSET is buried in the eqaution
    the same as a MATCH or an INDEX. How can I bring back data first prior to
    OFFSETting the needed information?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Vlookups in a Pivot table brining back OFFSET Data

    You can use MATCH to return the row where the region name is found, and
    offset by that number of rows:

    =OFFSET($A$1,MATCH(H2,A:A,0),1)

    where Region in the pivot table is in column A, and the specific region
    is in cell H2.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    tlk40us
    Guest

    Re: Vlookups in a Pivot table brining back OFFSET Data

    Thank you, this worked great!