Future value plus annual contributions

  1. #1
    Ken
    Guest

    Future value plus annual contributions

    I have the formula that will calculate the future value of an investment
    using variables for the investment amount, interest rate and number of years
    (=A1*(1+C1)^B1). In addition I want to add another variable to the formula
    that adds an annual "contribution" to the investment and includes the annual
    contribution in the compounding formula. Can someone help?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Future value plus annual contributions

    Check the FV (future value) function. What you've got so far is the FV with
    a 0 payment, and what you're trying to do is the FV with both a payment and a
    PV.

  3. #3
    Ken
    Guest

    RE: Future value plus annual contributions

    Thanks - that seems to be working!

  4. #4
    vandenberg p
    Guest

    Re: Future value plus annual contributions

    Hello:

    An alternative:

    If you wanted to stick with a formula similar to the one you are already
    using this will work:

    Future Value = (Annual amount)*((1+i)^periods)/i

    Just add the amount you got for the lump sum to results of the above.

    Pieter Vandenberg

    : "Ken" wrote:

    :> I have the formula that will calculate the future value of an investment
    :> using variables for the investment amount, interest rate and number of years
    :> (=A1*(1+C1)^B1). In addition I want to add another variable to the formula
    :> that adds an annual "contribution" to the investment and includes the annual
    :> contribution in the compounding formula. Can someone help?
    :>
    :> Thanks.