How would I pick random team players using a 1 to 5 rating sys?

  1. #1
    irish257
    Guest

    How would I pick random team players using a 1 to 5 rating sys?

    I am a registrar for an over 40's soccer league. I have roughly 180 players
    that are rated according to skill level...1 to 5, and postion. How could I
    have the program randomly choose the teams so they would come out fairly even
    each season?

    From there I could tweek the teams if one is or more are "loaded".

    Thanks,

    Doug Maume
    SCSC Registrar

    alternative e-mail addresses: [email protected] & [email protected]

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by irish257
    I am a registrar for an over 40's soccer league. I have roughly 180 players
    that are rated according to skill level...1 to 5, and postion. How could I
    have the program randomly choose the teams so they would come out fairly even
    each season?

    From there I could tweek the teams if one is or more are "loaded".

    Thanks,

    Doug Maume
    SCSC Registrar

    alternative e-mail addresses: [email protected] & [email protected]

    How many teams (11 players each) are you trying to form from the 180 players available?

  3. #3
    irish257
    Guest

    Re: How would I pick random team players using a 1 to 5 rating sys

    10 teams, 18 players on each team

    thanks!

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Check E-mail.

    The spreadsheet has its limitations and may require a lot of modification to suit your applications. Hope it helps, good luck.

  5. #5
    Georgia, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: How would I pick random team players using a 1 to 5 rating sys?

    Looking for something like this as well. Can you send anything to build on?
    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Forum Expert shg's Avatar
    The Great State of Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2010
    Posts
    40,678

    Re: How would I pick random team players using a 1 to 5 rating sys?

    I doubt these guys are stopping back four years later. Please take a few minutes to read the forum rules, and then start your own thread.

    Thanks.
    Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate