Can a cell be linked to display the name of the worksheet tab?

  1. #1
    Blue Jay One
    Guest

    Can a cell be linked to display the name of the worksheet tab?

    In Excel, workbook have a tab that displays the name of its worsheets. Excel
    gives you the ability to customize the name of each worksheet by editing the
    name of the tab.

    What I would like to be able to do, is to have the ability to link the name
    found on the worksheet tab name and insert its content unto a cell (any cell)
    in the spreadsheet.

    Yes, i know that it is possible to right click the workshhet tab and re-name
    it.
    Yes, I know that I can go to page set up and edit a header.

    I want to do both in one operation

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Can a cell be linked to display the name of the worksheet tab?

    Blue Jay, this will give you the sheet name, file must have been saved for
    it to work
    =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...