timesheets

  1. #1
    Bill66
    Guest

    timesheets

    I'm trying to create a weekly timesheet in which I enter the time each day an
    employee begins, and the time he quits, then total the hours worked that
    shift. Some employees work from the afternoon of one day till the morning of
    the next day. I can't seem to figure out how to make the Sheet calculate
    those hours.
    Any suggestions?
    Bill66

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: timesheets

    Use either

    =B1-A1+(A1>B1)

    or

    =MOD(B1-A1)

    where A1 is start time and B1 is end time, that way workdays stretching over
    midnight will work

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: timesheets

    Hi!

    Try this:

    A1 = start time = 3:00 PM
    B1 = end time = 3:00 AM

    For a result of 12:00 format the cell as [h]:mm and use this formula:

    =B1-A1+(B1<A1)

    For a result of 12 format the cell as GENERAL and use this formula:

    =(B1-A1+(B1<A1))*24

    Biff

  4. #4
    Difficult1
    Guest

    Re: timesheets

    A B
    Start time End time
    6/9/2007 10:35 AM 6/9/2007 3:30 PM
    Formula Description (Result)
    =TEXT(B2-A2,"h") Hours between two times (4)
    =TEXT(B2-A2,"h:mm") Hours and minutes between two times (4:55)
    =TEXT(B2-A2,"h:mm:ss") Hours and seconds between two times (4:55:00)

    Note You can also apply the time and date number format without using the
    TEXT function to specify the format. However, if you use both a format
    applied with the TEXT function and number format, the TEXT function takes
    precedence.