Conditional formatting for lowest number in a string

  1. #1
    Phil Lewis
    Guest

    Conditional formatting for lowest number in a string

    I have a column of numbers and want to color highlight the lowest number in
    the column. However, I only want to color highlight if there is a clear
    "winner". Ties should not activate the color. There is a posted article on
    the MS site (article 909845) using an IF statment but it does not allow for
    ties. Does anyone know how to do this.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting for lowest number in a string

    Hi!

    Assume the range in question is A1:A10.

    =AND(A1=MIN(A$1:A$10),COUNTIF(A$1:A$10,A1)=1)

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Phil Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting for lowest number in a string

    Worked great. Thanks for the quick response.
    --
    Phil Lewis

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting for lowest number in a string

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting for lowest number in a string

    See conditional format for A1:A14 in: http://cjoint.com/?dxsgfobEPX

    AP

    de news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Conditional formatting for lowest number in a string

    you can also use "Cell Value is" - "Less Than" - and the following formula

    =SMALL($A$1:$A$10,2)