How do I differentiate between duplicate ranks?

  1. #1
    Pez
    Guest

    How do I differentiate between duplicate ranks?

    I need to graph information that is based on a ranked table. A vlookup
    function finds information based on ranks 1-15 from one column, however when
    the data is the same Excel assigns duplicate ranks. This then does not allow
    an average or trend line to be calculated accurately, because the missing
    data (for example, rank 4) returns a score of #N/A due to there being two
    scores for rank 3, leaving the next rank available being 5.

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: How do I differentiate between duplicate ranks?

    Assuming the scores are in A1:A7, enter this in cell B1 and copy down.

    =RANK(A1,A$1:A$7)+COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1)-1