how to consolidate data in different excel sheets

  1. #1
    Payal
    Guest

    how to consolidate data in different excel sheets

    I have different worksheets in one excel file containing Numbers and
    alphabets. i want to summarise them to one top sheet so that i can have a
    consolidated data. how do i do it? please help

  2. #2
    DOUG ODOM
    Guest

    RE: how to consolidate data in different excel sheets

    Select the cell on the top sheet in which you wish to collect summarise
    (Total) the data from other work sheets. Press the SUM key and release.
    While holding down the ctrl key select the various cells on the top sheet
    and/or other worksheets in the file. When you have finished your selection,
    release the ctrl key and press enter. The total of the information will now
    be displayed in the selected cell on the top sheet.