Convert WeekNum to Sunday's date

  1. #1
    Terri
    Guest

    Convert WeekNum to Sunday's date

    Hello,
    What formula can convert a week number to the Sunday's date for the week
    number listed. Example:
    Year WeekNumber Formula Result
    2006 3 Jan 15,2006
    2005 51 Dec 18,2005
    I have searched and still can't find the solution.
    Thanks you very much for your help!
    Terri

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    If year is in A1 and week number in B1

    =DATE(A1,1,1)-WEEKDAY(DATE(A1,1,7))+B1*7

  3. #3
    pdberger
    Guest

    RE: Convert WeekNum to Sunday's date

    Terri --
    If Year is Column A, Wk# is Column B, Result is Column C, then this works in
    Column D =

    =IF(WEEKDAY(C2)>1,C2-(WEEKDAY(C2)-1),C2)

    It says, "Take the day of the week of the formula result. If it's anything
    other than a '1' (the first day of the week), subtract one less than that
    number to get back to Sunday of that week. If it already is Sunday, just
    leave it alone."

    It's kind of brute force, but it works. Maybe someone else can be a bit
    more elegant.

    HTH

  4. #4
    Terri