Excel kept on asking to save file every time I jump from one sheet to another!

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Excel kept on asking to save file every time I jump from one sheet to another!

    Hi,

    I am working on this Excel file that has hyperlinks and some small
    macro. I used hyperlinks to jump from one sheet to another, and the
    file didn't have any volatile function. We post the file onto the
    sharepoint and set the sharepoint permission to "Read Only". when we
    open the file directly from the sharepoint and try to navigate around,
    the file kept on asking us to save changes every time we click on the
    hyperlinks; even though we didn't make any changes. I couldn't figure
    out whether there is a problem with Sharepoint or with the Excel File
    itself. Please let me know if you have any idea.

    I hope I asked this in the right group, if not, please point me in the
    right
    direction.

    Thanks,
    Tim

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel kept on asking to save file every time I jump from one sheet to another!

    Are you sure you don't get this message even if it isn't sharepoint?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Excel kept on asking to save file every time I jump from one sheet to another!

    Hi Ken,

    The message never occur on my computer with or without accessing
    sharepoint. But however, my coworkers sometimes get that message. we
    are sharing the file accross the regions and all of the people from
    different regions recieved the message asking to save the file every
    time they jump from one sheet to another.

    Thanks,
    Tim

    ---------

    ---------

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel kept on asking to save file every time I jump from one sheet to another!

    Are any of the macros event macros?

    It seems weird that it doesn't happen to you, yet it happens to others.

    Regards
    Ken..................

  5. #5

    Re: Excel kept on asking to save file every time I jump from one sheet to another!

    Hi Ken,

    Yes, I have used the "worksheet_Activate" event for the macros.

    Thanks,
    Tim

  6. #6
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel kept on asking to save file every time I jump from one sheet to another!

    OK, so if you have your macro do anything within the file you are likely to
    get that message when you try to close it. What does your macro do?

    Regards