calculate length of employment

  1. #1
    Mharper
    Guest

    calculate length of employment

    I am trying to find a formula that will calculate length of employment based
    off of hire date and todays date? any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    The DATEDIF function will work. Chip Pearson's site should have the answer your looking for.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

    Regards,

    Steve

  3. #3
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: formula help: calculate length of employment

    Do you want years of employment? months? days? Here is a formula for days,
    manipulate it to produce months or years, or whatever you would like.

    =DAYS360(hire_date,TODAY())

    Dave