Upper case to Lower case

  1. #1
    Louise
    Guest

    Upper case to Lower case

    hi all

    is there a quick and easy way of changing text in Excel from upper to lower
    case or visa versa? I believe there is some kind of formula you can create?
    Is this the only way it can be done? I want to completely replace the
    worksheet I have in upper to lower case.

    Thank you.

    Louise

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Upper case to Lower case

    Hi Louise

    I use ASAP Utilities' add-in. It does this and much more! It's available
    from here:
    www.asap-utilities.com

    Hope this helps.
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Upper case to Lower case

    VBA?

    Dim cell As Range
    For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
    If Not cell.HasFormula Then
    cell.Value = LCase(cell.Value)
    End If
    Next cell

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    Maxwell
    Guest

    Re: Upper case to Lower case

    Hello Louise,
    Try =LOWER(TEXT) converts all to lower case,
    =UPPER(TEXT) convercts all to upper case,
    =PROPER(TEXT) as near as possible it gives the text to you with the
    Upper and Lower case text as MS sees it.

    You just add you cell reference where I typed text.

    Hope it helps.

    Maxwell

  5. #5
    Louise
    Guest

    Re: Upper case to Lower case

    they're fantastic! Never seen those before.

    Thank you.

  6. #6
    Louise
    Guest

    Re: Upper case to Lower case

    Hi, thanks for your post.
    this is the one i've tried before but you have to keep the text in the
    original cells too, don't you?
    Louise

  7. #7
    Guest

    Re: Upper case to Lower case

    Thanks for the feedback! There are some good functions in there.

  8. #8
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Upper case to Lower case

    Louise

    After entering the formulas and returning the text in the format you want, copy
    those cells and paste special>values(in place).

    You can now delete the original cells.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP