Conditional Filtering:for different color

  1. #1
    carl
    Guest

    Conditional Filtering:for different color

    I have these 3 conditions I am trying to set my conditional filtering for:

    1. if A1<C1 and A1<>0 color the cell green
    2. if A1>C1 and A1<>0 color the cell blue
    3. if A1=0 color the cell black

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    re: Conditional Filtering:for different color

    It is conditional formatting, not filtering.

    You have the formulae, all you need to do is change Condition 1 (and 2 and
    3) to Formula Is in CF then plug in each formula.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    re: Conditional Filtering:for different color

    To simplify the formulas, make #3 the first condition:

    Cell Value Is equal to 0

    Condition 2 (green): Formula Is =A1<C1

    Condition 3 (blue): Formula Is =A1>C1

    If A1=C1, the cell won't be coloured.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  4. #4
    Martin
    Guest

    re: Conditional Filtering:for different color

    I don't think conditional formatting's that clever.

    Here's a macro that'll do the job - just make sure you select all the values
    in column A before you run it:

    Sub myConditionalFormat()
    Dim myCell As Range
    For Each myCell In Selection
    If myCell.Value < myCell.Offset(0, 2).Value And myCell.Value <> 0 Then
    myCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 4
    ElseIf myCell.Value > myCell.Offset(0, 2).Value And myCell.Value <>
    0 Then
    myCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 5
    ElseIf myCell.Value = 0 Then
    myCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 1
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    If you haven't done macros before, go to the VB Editor (from Tools, Macro),
    click on Insert, Module and then paste the above into it. To run it, select
    your values in column A and then click Tools, Macro, Macros and double-click
    myConditionalFormat in the list.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    re: Conditional Filtering:for different color

    Novel approach, using VBA to do what CF does very easily.

    Bob Phillips

    "Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I don't think conditional formatting's that clever.
    >
    > Here's a macro that'll do the job - just make sure you select all the

    values
    > in column A before you run it:
    >
    > Sub myConditionalFormat()
    > Dim myCell As Range
    > For Each myCell In Selection
    > If myCell.Value < myCell.Offset(0, 2).Value And myCell.Value <> 0

    Then
    > myCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 4
    > ElseIf myCell.Value > myCell.Offset(0, 2).Value And myCell.Value

    <>