Filling Blank Cells

  1. #1
    Mary Mayo
    Guest

    Filling Blank Cells

    I have a wksht where I want to have all blank cells auto color fill to
    indicate data not yet rec'd/entered. Conitional formatting requires a value
    be assigned - have tried to leave value as blank, and apply formatting, but
    it doesn't work - there's got to be an easy answer and I'm just not seeing
    it! Help - it's driving me nuts!!!

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Filling Blank Cells

    Use formula is

    =A1=""

    will work

    OR cell value equal to =""

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Filling Blank Cells

    You are almost there!

    for A1:

    Format > Conditional formatting...> Formula is

    =ISBLANK(A1) and set your special "blank cell format"

    copy the format to any cell you like
    --
    Gary's Student