vlookup not found

  1. #1
    BadgerDave
    Guest

    vlookup not found

    My vlookup statement is not finding values that I can confirm exist in the
    array. The problem has something to do with the format, I assume, because if
    I re-key the searched item, it works. I'm looking up 4-digit numbers
    produced from a report that is dumped into Excel. I've tried reformatting
    the data to numeric, but that doesn't work.

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: vlookup not found

    Try to run Data|Text to Columns on the data you have dumped into Excel.
    Othwerwise, experiment with:

    =VLOOKUP(LookupValue&"",LookupTable,ReturnRangeIndex,0)