Finding the Monday date based on a different date in same week

  1. #1
    dandiehl
    Guest

    Finding the Monday date based on a different date in same week

    I have a series of dates (monday through friday) in several weeks and months
    throughout the year. I would like to create a corresponding column that
    indicates what the Monday date during the week of the original date.

    If A1 is original date of 4/14/2006, how can I extract the Monday date of
    4/10/2006 into cell B1?

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Finding the Monday date based on a different date in same week

    Try this:

    For a date in A1

    B1: =A1+2-WEEKDAY(A1)
    That formula returns the Monday date of the same week as the date in A1

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Finding the Monday date based on a different date in same week

    =A1-(WEEKDAY(A1)-2)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    dandiehl
    Guest

    RE: Finding the Monday date based on a different date in same week

    Excellent! Thank you very much.

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Finding the Monday date based on a different date in same week

    =A1-WEEKDAY(A1-1)+1

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com