Multiple conditions in a formula

  1. #1
    TV
    Guest

    Multiple conditions in a formula

    I am trying to build a formula that will fill a cell with the value from a
    table if certain conditions exist in another adjacent cell. I tried to use
    the IF formula and it would work except I need a total of 4 conditions.
    In other words I want to fill a cell with one value if the adjacent cell
    contains CCE and a different reference if the cell contains BCP etc.
    Thanks for your help.
    --
    TV

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Multiple conditions in a formula

    Maybe something like........

    =IF(A1="CCE","ReturnThis",IF(A1="BCP","ReturnThat",IF(A1="ONE","ReturnThirdValue",IF(A1="TWO","ReturnFourthValue",""))))

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    TV
    Guest

    RE: Multiple conditions in a formula

    Thanks, it worked. I knew the answer was out there somewhere.
    --
    TV

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Multiple conditions in a formula

    Happy to help.........and thanks for the feedback....

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3