hyperlink using cell contents

  1. #1

    hyperlink using cell contents

    I have spreadsheet which is a column of movie names. is it possible to
    hyperlink to the Internet Movie Data Base info for the move?
    I tried adding http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=move name which is what
    the site itself does when a title is specified. I'd like to do it in a
    generic way in the spreadhseet so I don't have to modify each cell's
    hyperlink.
    I need a way to reference the cell's contents in the Edit Hyperlink
    Dialog. I tried, for example, variations on the Cell function like
    http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=cell("contents",a1) or
    http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q="cell("contents",a1)", etc.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: hyperlink using cell contents

    try this where j4 contains move
    =HYPERLINK("http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q="&J4)
    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: hyperlink using cell contents

    Thanks for the suggestion. That's kind of what i had in mind. Even
    better would be if there there is a way to make J4 a hyperlink. It
    would contain the hyperlink to the IMDB movie info. Is there a way to
    make the Edit Hyperlink dialog refer to it's Display field contents?
    I'm thinking there might be syntax for referring to editable field
    contnents of a dialog.