Calculate 2 Standard Deviations

  1. #1
    Michael
    Guest

    Calculate 2 Standard Deviations

    Is it possible to calculate a figure for two standard deviations for a
    series of numbers? I have the output for 1 SD, but need 2 SDs.

  2. #2
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: Calculate 2 Standard Deviations

    Michael -

    If cell A1 has the standard deviation, e.g., =STDEV(data_range), then in
    some other cell enter =2*A1.

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    "Michael" wrote:
    > Is it possible to calculate a figure for two standard
    > deviations for a series of numbers? I have the
    > output for 1 SD, but need 2 SDs.

    =2*sd

    where "sd" is the std dev constant, STDEV(range),
    or reference to a cell containing "sd".

    Perhaps what you need is the data value associated
    with 2sd. That would be:

    =avg + 2*sd
    =avg - 2*sd

    where "avg" is the average constant, AVERAGE(range),
    or reference to a cell that containing "avg".