centre across selection shortcut

  1. #1
    Martin B
    Guest

    centre across selection shortcut

    I use this feature a lot but it is a lengthy process selecting Format Cells > Alignment > Horizontal > Centre Across Selection
    Is there a quick shortcut to use instead of the merge and centre button on the menu bar?

    Thanks
    Martin

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: centre across selection shortcut

    Nothing built in, one could use ctrl + 1, a, tab, c, c, enter, enter.
    However if you select for instance A1 and B1, then do tools>macro>record a
    new macro, use a shortcut and put it in your personal macro workbook, click
    OK. do format>cells>alignment and center across selection. Stop the macro
    then you can use your own created shortcut next time, just select the cells
    in question and do the shortcut.
    Note that the merge and center button does merge cells, not just center
    across selection which is a better way to go

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: centre across selection shortcut

    Martin

    Sub TOGGLECENTERACROSS()
    With Selection
    If .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection Then
    .HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral
    Else
    Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection
    End If
    End With
    End Sub

    Assign the above to a button on your toolbar or to a shortcut key combo.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: centre across selection shortcut

    I have this in my personal.xls with a custom toolbar button assigned on my top toolbar

    Sub CenterAcross()
    Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]