CREATE AN "IF' STATEMENT FOR CHOICES OF CHECK BOXES

  1. #1
    pjb
    Guest

    CREATE AN "IF' STATEMENT FOR CHOICES OF CHECK BOXES

    How can I create an "IF" statament that will choose the choice a check box
    has made (ie: good, fair, poor)

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: CREATE AN "IF' STATEMENT FOR CHOICES OF CHECK BOXES

    Need more detail like:

    What kind of checkboxes are they? From the Forms toolbar or Control Toolbox?

    Do you have the checkboxes linked to cells?

    You may be better off using option buttons. More than one checkbox can be
    "checked" at a time. With option buttons, only one can be selected at a
    time.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    pjb
    Guest

    Re: CREATE AN "IF' STATEMENT FOR CHOICES OF CHECK BOXES

    They are checkboxes from the forms toolbar and they are linked to specific
    cells. If doing it with option buttons, how would I create that statement,
    thanks

  4. #4
    Max

    "pjb" wrote:
    > .. If doing it with option buttons,
    > how would I create that statement,

    See your other post, where I've given a play on setting up and grouping 4
    option buttons, and a way to extract the selection made amongst the 4 option
    buttons in another sheet via a VLOOKUP
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  5. #5
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: CREATE AN "IF' STATEMENT FOR CHOICES OF CHECK BOXES

    Where's the other post?

    I guess I'll just delete my sample file! <g>

    Biff

    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: CREATE AN "IF' STATEMENT FOR CHOICES OF CHECK BOXES

    >Where's the other post?

    Ok, found it. Only 4 posts away!

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    pjb
    Guest

    Copying

    How can I copy the contents of a cell (the result of a formula) to another
    worksheet without copying the formula. thanks.

  8. #8
    Richard O. Neville
    Guest

    Re: Copying

    Copy as usual from the originating cell. When you click on the receiving
    cell, select Edit-Paste Special. The menu presents some choices of what to
    copy; one of them is "values."