automatic calculations

  1. #1
    Kelseyk
    Guest

    automatic calculations

    I have tried to change the calculations in my spreadsheets to automatic from
    manual and then saving it into the xlstart folder, BUT this is not working.
    Other users use these spreadsheets and are not familiar with the F9 to
    recalculate.

    Please help!!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    kassie
    Guest

    RE: automatic calculations

    How did you change it, and what did you save in the xlstart folder?

  3. #3
    Kelseyk
    Guest

    RE: automatic calculations

    Hi,

    I changed it in book1, saved it as a template and put it into my xlstart
    folder. I also tried saving it as book and doing the same..

    Thanks

  4. #4
    kassie
    Guest

    RE: automatic calculations

    Hi Kelsy,

    I actually wanted to know what you did to change it. Calculation is changed
    by clicking on Tools|Options, selecting the Calculation tab, and selecting
    Automatic calculation, that's it. Nothing to save after that. If the option
    block before Automatic is ticked, that means that all sheets will be
    calculated automatically.