school project ..please help

  1. #1
    sally
    Guest

    school project ..please help

    hi everyone I want to write a sub that converts all values of two
    consecutive columns(C1:D190) from c degree to f degree.I know the
    formula but don't know how to apply it to all cells I'm completely
    confused .This is part of my school project and I don't know how to do
    it. please help ...

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: school project ..please help

    In the column(s) for your F degrees:

    =(C1*1.8)+32 assuming C1 is the degrees C

    Copy this formula down to row 190.

    HTH

  3. #3
    sally
    Guest

    Re: school project ..please help

    thanks for your reply but, I want to convert the column itself to F
    degree and have the F values written in the same column.I have tried
    something like the sub below,but it changes the column to a single
    value depend on the activecell.what do I have to do?
    Public Sub advancedctoof1()
    Dim Rng As Range
    Dim f As Single
    For Each Rng In Range("E1:E22")
    f = ((Activecell.Value) / (5 / 9) + 32)
    Rng.Formula = f
    Next Rng
    End Sub

  4. #4
    SVC
    Guest

    RE: school project ..please help

    Assuming your first number is in A1, in a blank cell (e.g. b1) type
    =A1&"--"&(A1*1.8)+32. Copy down as far as needed. For A1=0, B1 will display
    0--32. Modify as needed.

  5. #5
    Toppers
    Guest

    Re: school project ..please help

    Public Sub advancedctoof1()
    Dim Rng As Range
    Dim f As Double
    For Each Rng In Range("E1:E22")
    f = (Rng.Value * 1.8) + 32
    Rng.Value = f
    Next Rng
    End Sub

  6. #6
    sally
    Guest

    Re: school project ..please help

    Thank you very very much for your help

  7. #7
    Toppers
    Guest

    Re: school project ..please help

    No problem ..good luck with the project!