How to find duplicate data in two tables,then listing it?

  1. #1
    Doeu
    Guest

    How to find duplicate data in two tables,then listing it?

    Urgent work! I have two excel membership database, Club A & Club B.

    I need to find out all the members who join Club A & B, and Club A members
    who haven't join Club B. I will need to check it by tracing the IC(unique:
    combine characters & numbers)

    Anyone can advise on this? As for as I know, SQL able to solve this. Is it
    possible to solve it in Excel and Access?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How to find duplicate data in two tables,then listing it?

    In Access you just use a SQL query. This will give you all the Club A
    members who are not members of Club B

    SELECT a.IC FROM ClubA a
    LEFT OUTER JOIN ClubB b
    ON a.IC = b.IC
    WHERE b.IC IS NULL

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How to find duplicate data in two tables,then listing it?

    I also have a little Excel file that will run a query against two
    single-column lists in another workbook and return the unique entries in each
    list that are NOT in the other list. If you post your email address I'll
    send it to you