number rounding

  1. #1
    tamiluchi
    Guest

    number rounding

    can i set rounding conditionally? up from .5, down if below?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: number rounding

    Use the ROUND() function:

    =ROUND(A1,0)

    will yield 1 if A1 contains 1.1
    will yield 2 if A1 contains 1.9
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    tamiluchi
    Guest

    RE: number rounding

    I'm doing this for a whole column. Each cell in this column contains an
    average for the sum of 2 rows. I want to round the average up if .5 or
    greater, down if less than .5. I can't make it work. I have ROUND(.5,1), but
    it rounds all the decimals up, even those less than .5

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: number rounding

    Use

    =ROUND(A2,0)

    assuming A2 has the average formula.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    tamiluchi
    Guest

    Re: number rounding

    that seems to work. thank you so very much!!

  6. #6
    tamiluchi
    Guest

    Re: number rounding

    Oh, darn! That works wonderfully except that it rounds up greater than .5 ...
    I need it to round up at .5

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: number rounding

    No it rounds .5 up. Your value is probably less than .5 but formatted to 1
    decimal place so it looks like .5

  8. #8
    tamiluchi
    Guest

    Re: number rounding

    You are so right! Thank you very much... again!

  9. #9
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: number rounding

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:20:02 -0700, tamiluchi
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >can i set rounding conditionally? up from .5, down if below?

    =ROUND(A1,0)

    --ron